Thursday, December 1, 2011

Zambia....

Yesterday I had the opportunity to spend time with missionaries which was a very interesting and educational experience. David and Katie Lachman, missionaries to Zambia Africa, first joined the Es and I for dinner and a time of fellowship where we were able to ask lots of questions:-), then David Lachman led our prayer meeting, and afterwards gave a talk complete with pictures on the mission work. He teaches at Covenant College in Zambia which trains and equips local men to preach and teach in the churches there.

We can get so caught up in our own world that we don't realize or think about how differently other people live in different parts of the world. It's kind of shocking to hear of pastors who don't even have a high school education, that buying a Bible in the local language involves a 10 hour trip the capital, and all expenses included, adds up to costing about 2 months wages, or a man who ride 10  hours on a bike twice a week to receive an education at the college, or a church where not one person owns a Bible......So many stories, so much poverty, so much need for so many things.....It's good to know better how to pray though. For grace and strength for the Lachmans as they go back to work, for the Lord's blessing on their work, that the Lord will provide just the right workers for the college, and the many needs there, for the students, for the spread of the gospel and reformation in Africa........Please join me in praying for these things!

We got to look through a Bible in the local language which I found to be very interesting. I opened it to one of my favorite passages, Psalm 27, and was able to pick out a couple words - 'wait', 'God, and 'Lord'. 


Share |

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1