Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Heaven.....

I really enjoyed many things about vacation, we had a lot of fun together, I loved not having to be up early in the morning, the slower pace, yummy meals, the time visiting, and reading.....and also the blessing of being able to gather with the Es twice every day for family worship. On our last morning worship we had a great conversation on heaven which brought on this post.....

   CLEAR LAKE"For I am hard-pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better.  Nevertheless to remain in the flesh is more needful for you. And being confident of this, I know that I shall remain and continue with you all for your progress and joy of faith."
Philippians 1:23 -25

“When ye are come to the other side of the water and have set down your foot on the shore of glorious eternity and look back again to the waters and to your wearisome journey and shall see in that clear glass of endless glory,  nearer to the bottom of God’s wisdom, you shall then be forced to say, ‘If God had done otherwise with me than He has done, I had never come to the enjoying of this crown of glory’.


 It is your part now to believe, and suffer, and hope, and wait on; 

for I protest, in the presence of that all-discerning eye who knows what I write and what I think, that I would not want the sweet experience of the consolations of God for all the bitterness of affliction. Nay, whether God come to His children with a rod or a crown, if He come Himself with it, it is well. Welcome, welcome, Jesus, what way soever Thou come, if we can get a sight of Thee!”
- from Samuel Rutherford's Letters - Letter XI to Lady Kenmure, 1630



"...He will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."
Revelation 21:3a-4


Share |

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1