Friday, January 6, 2012

Hot Springs vacation....

Today I wanted to share some pictures from my trip to Arkansas with the Es. I'd like to thank them and their family in Arkansas so much for including me - it was a very fun trip, and a good time of relaxing, not to mention delicious food:-), and lots of firsts for me....

It was my first time to stay at a Hampton Inn - the girls and I are trying out the bed  in our room - and my first time in Alabama. We spent the night just outside of Birmingham.

We had a delicious special meal at Red Lobster. My first time there too!

Matthew discovered himself in the motel mirror. He was such a  good little traveler!
 
On the Lord's day we were able to watch GPC's services live on the computer even though we were so far from home. It was a blessing.

Listening to the sermon on 1 Samuel.



Monday morning, bright and early, or it would have been bright if it hadn't been pouring rain, we were on the road again.


I passed through Mississippi for the first time. Getting 'new states' was always a big deal in my family growing up;-)


One day on our vacation in Arkansas the Es took me sightseeing in Hot Springs. As you can probably tell from how were dressed - it was a beautiful warm day.


We were fascinated by the hot water....


.....and it was HOT!
Jenny took a picture of me....


......and I took one of the Es.
And we filled our water bottles with the spring water.


Then we explored one of the Bath Houses. I liked the verse on the wall.


This picture makes me laugh....come to think of it, I think we laughed a lot that day. It was fun:-)

Beka.


Hannah.


Trying out a very old elevator.



I like this kind of rule.
We took pictures on our last evening together.
(how many colors, stripes, and prints can you get into one picture?:-)


Driving home. We arrived safely, thankful for traveling mercies, at midnight on Tuesday after 16 hours of driving.



Share |

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1