1. It's gray and rainy today - as it has been a lot this winter. I'm not complaining though, I'm grateful I haven't had to drive in snow or ice yet:-)
2. I'm looking forward to reading this! I just watched the movie Courageous again with the Es on Friday and it's so good even if it does make me cry. That's the kind of man I want to marry someday if the Lord wills.
3. I'm enjoying this little guy so much. He gets cuter every day and is so much fun to be with. There's something so special about baby smiles, a baby holding out his arms to you, or crawling across the room to you and pulling himself up on your legs to be picked up. I'm so thankful the Lord has given me babies to love.
4. I'm still working on Isaiah in the Matthew Henry commentary challenge. This section from chapter 57 really stood out to me:
"....He will have a tender regard to those who, being in affliction, accommodate themselves to their affliction, and bring their mind to their condition, be it ever so low and ever so sad and sorely broken—those that are truly penitent for sin, who mourn in secret for it, and have a dread of the wrath of God, which they have made themselves obnoxious to, and are submissive under all his rebukes. Now, First, With these God will dwell. He will visit them graciously, will converse familiarly with them by his word and Spirit, as a man does with those of his own family; he will be always nigh to them and present with them. He that dwells in the highest heavens dwells in the lowest hearts and inhabits sincerity as surely as he inhabits eternity. In these he delights. Secondly, He will revive their heart and spirit, will speak that to them, and work that in them by the word and Spirit of his grace, which will be reviving to them, as a cordial to one that is ready to faint. He will give them reviving joys and hopes sufficient to counterbalance all the griefs and fears that break their spirits. He dwells with them, and his presence is reviving."
5. I love getting packages in the mail - especially when it's a fun surprise:-). This arrived from my sister on Saturday:-). Those of you who know me in real life:-) know I raised dairy goats with my siblings when I was younger (and that I love chocolate) so this was a good gift!
"There’s a way to do work that lasts forever. Just do everything with love."
Speaking of blogs, I just discovered this one 365 Devotions for Unmarried Women and am looking forward to following it through the year.
7. I'm feeling so blessed by yesterday's sermons at church! The one sermon on children from the morning service I hope to share a post on sometime soon. In the afternoon we reached 1 Samuel 30. I'd been looking forward to this because it contains a favorite verse about David encouraging himself in the Lord his God. I hope you can go listen.
8. This week looks to be busy. We're back in the swing of the school schedule, plus normal work, projects, a meal to cook for friends, and some reading....hope you all have a blessed day.