Thursday, February 16, 2012

Cause for thankfulness...


This past Lord's day evening was a special one filled with fellowship and good conversation. As we gathered for family worship together, and the conversation moved on to our various conversion stories and walks with the Lord, I realized I've been taking a blessing in my life for granted.

You see I don't remember a time in my life where I didn't believe, pray, read from the Bible.....though I can pinpoint times where there were changes, growth, and the Lord has taught me things.

Sometimes I find myself feeling a little bit bad that I don't have a dramatic testimony like some of my friends, no huge life change, etc. Then it hit me how blessed I am that there's never been a time where I didn't believe the Bible was God's word, that I don't remember a time where I didn't believe in the Lord. So no, He didn't dramatically change me or my lifestyle, but instead protected me from even taking that path. That's cause for thankfulness.I don't know why my story is maybe different than yours.....but I know and believe that the Lord is giving each of exactly what we need - and it is good. May God give each one of grace to see this and believe it.



Share |


Sharing with Thankful Thursday.



1 comment:

  1. Personally I had a spiritual "kick in the pants" in order to come to a serious faith in God. My love for God came through trials. Because of this I would sometimes worry about the trials my daughter would have to endure in order for her to really "get" God. I wondered if it was really possible for someone simply to remain in relationship with God throughout their whole life without every having to go through some extraordinary conversion. To maintain the faith they accepted as children. Hearing about faithful women, like you, who do not have a dramatic story of conversion, is exactly the kind of testimony I needed to hear.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1