Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A pearl of great price....


"I have neither tongue nor pen to express to you the happiness of such as are in Christ. When ye have sold all that you have, and bought the field wherein this pearl is, you will think it no bad market; for if you be in Him, all His is yours, and you are in Him; therefore, ‘because He liveth, ye shall live also’(John 14.19). ‘Father, I will that those whom Thou hast given Me be with Me when I am, to behold My glory that Thou hath given me’ (John 17.24). Amen, dear Jesus, let it be according to that word. I wonder that ever your heart should be cast down, if ye believe this truth. I and they are not worthy at Jesus Christ, who will not suffer forty years trouble for Him, since they have such glorious promises....It is faith indeed to believe without a pledge, and to hold the heart constant at this work; and when we doubt, to run to the Law and to the Testimony, and stay there.



 ....if all that you have in this world are crosses and troubles, down-castings, frequent desertions and departures of the Lord, still He purposes to do you good at your latter end, and to give you rest from the days of adversity. ‘It is good to bear the yoke of God in your youth.’ Turn you to the strong hold, as a prisoner of hope. ‘For the vision is for an appointed time, but at the last it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it: because it surely will come, it will not tarry.’ Hear Himself saying, ‘Come, my people (rejoice, He calleth you), enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, till the indignation be past.’ Believe, then, believe and be you saved: think it not hard, if you get not your will nor your delights in this life; God will have you to rejoice in nothing but Himself. ‘God forbid that ye should rejoice in any thing but the cross of Christ.' "
Sharing with Emotions on TuesdaysHomemaker By ChoiceHandful of Heart Monday Proverbs 31 Thursdays,  Women Living Well, Raising Homemakers, Titus 2sdays,Wise Woman link up,  Growing Home  Far Above Rubies, My Inspiration Friday , Heavenly Homemakers, Making A Home,   A Holy Experience Women of Noble Character,  Encouraging One Another Thought Provoking Thursday,, Serenity NowBest Post of the weekWord Filled Wednesday, A Handful of HeartThe Better MomPainting Prose, Welcome HomeHope in every seasonGracefulOn Your heart Tuesday,Beautiful Mommy FeetSoli Deo Gloria LACEJust Write, Our Simple Country Life, and Good Morning Girls.



Share |

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1