Friday, February 3, 2012

Remembering and more......

I just got this in the mail yesterday - a late and special birthday gift:-) I love the 'reminder' to remember. Like the Bible says I need a constant reminder of God' faithfulness, goodness, and provision for me, of how much I have to be thankful for. I also love the delicate silver charm and pearls - I really, really love pearls much more than diamonds:-)

I've been excited by the response we have gotten to the series of posts that Jenny and I have been sharing on Titus 2 singleness. Obviously this is a subject that interests more people than me....and I have a couple more posts (as do others) to share on the subject this month. I look forward to hearing from others on this...


At church we learn a new Psalm tune every month and this month's tune specifically goes to Psalm 143. I think it's going to be a blessing to sing through this Psalm in church and family worship as we learn it. In morning family worship so far we've learned this verse -


    "Oh, hear my prayer, Lord,
          And unto my desire
     To bow thine ear accord,
          I humbly thee require;
     And, in thy faithfulness,
          Unto me answer make,
     And, in thy righteousness,
          Upon me pity take."



I just recently finished Isaiah in my Matthew Henry reading. After giving it some thought I've decided to skip ahead and read for a bit in the New Testament, then come back to the rest of the Prophets later....I enjoyed reading in Matthew last night - the first chapter was full of good quotes -

"...those who take care to keep a good conscience may cheerfully trust God with the keeping of their good names, and have reason to hope that he will clear up, not only their integrity, but their honour, as the sun at noon day."

"He was a religious, good man; and therefore inclined to be merciful as God is, and to forgive as one that was forgiven."

"The words of the wise are heard in quiet. Christ himself shall not strive nor cry. Christian love and Christian prudence will hide a multitude of sins, and great ones, as far as may be done without having fellowship with them."

"God's time to come in with instruction to his people is when they are nonplussed and at a stand. God's comforts most delight the soul in the multitude of its perplexed thoughts."

"It is a great mercy to be delivered from our fears, and to have our doubts resolved, so as to proceed in our affairs with satisfaction."

"We do not read that the virgin Mary did herself proclaim the honour done to her; but she hid it in her heart, and therefore God sent an angel to attest it. Those who seek not their own glory shall have the honour that comes from God; it is reserved for the humble."





Share |

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1