Friday, March 16, 2012

Babysitting, baking, and memories.....

This weekend I'm babysitting the E children while their parents are attending The Teach Diligently Homeschool Conference......along with getting the normal work done I thought we could do something fun so decided to bake cookies, Cookies and chocolate invariably are going to produce smiles from children :-) Maybe me too....


We used dark and white chocolate.



Delicious!

Baking with them reminded me of a blog post I shared a little over two years ago in January of 2010 when I baked bread with the children while babysitting them. Looking back at the pictures I decided to share them again  along with the thoughts I shared back then - wow are they all growing up quickly. Too quickly I think sometimes.....


I have been doing a lot of babysitting lately. It's fun taking care of the children...it reminds me of being home with all my younger siblings....Often we just do routine stuff, schoolwork, housework, playing, but on Saturday I decided to do something fun with them and we baked bread - they had a wonderful time - and had sandwiches on some of their rolls for lunch. They ate every crumb:-)

The two younger ones having fun! 

Hannah.

Daniel.


Emily concentrating on her kneading.

Beka hard at work.

Hannah "helped" me shape the dough into rolls and loaves of bread.

All done!

"......And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me." 
Matthew 25:40





Share |

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1