Friday, May 18, 2012

Change...

Yesterday I edited my About Me Page, then decided to share on the main page of my blog for those who might miss it otherwise.....

Me with my fiance, John


"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, 
and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14 

When I began this blog two and a half years ago it was for the purpose of letting my family and friends who are far away keep up with what was going on in my life. Somehow it is much easier to change a facebook status or put up a blog post than to constantly write personal emails - though I try to do that too! Anyway at that time, everyone who followed knew me, so I never felt it necessary to "introduce" myself. Now as time has passed, with thousands of visitors from all over the world, the time may have come to share a bit about myself. So there is your long introduction to my introduction.......

Up until recently my blog was about all bout my walk with the Lord from the perspective of a single woman who worked as a mother's helper. Most of my posts were filled with things I was reading or listening to that encouraged and helped me, and sometimes I would share things that I wrote.......then this winter life changed very quickly when a godly friend from Wisconsin came to visit, and soon afterwards asked to court me. It's been a wonderful happy time as we see how the Lord has answered prayers.....how obviously all this comes from Him. We feel so blessed and happy to be a planning a wedding, then our lives together, and have no doubt that we can serve the Lord better together than alone.

What does all this change mean for my blog?  I'm not sure.....life, and some of my priorities have changed, and come the end of June my work will become being a wife, mom, and keeper at home and of course those things will come first. At this point I don't know what that means for blogging. I do know I want to continue to share pictures and updates for friends and family that live far away, but what direction it will take after that.....well we'll see where the Lord leads.......


Me with the E family. I've worked for them as a mother's helper for 3 years and am blessed to have  them as a second family. I love them very much!





















Wherever this blog may go in the future though, as always the main purpose of it will be to glorify the Lord, as I 
share my life, whether that is what I am reading, a sermon that helped me, or a post full of pictures and news! I hope you'll be blessed spending time with me as I seek to follow the Lord and wait on Him. Thanks for visiting!

"It may be of good use to Christians to preserve in writing an account of the providences of God concerning them, the constant series of mercies they have experienced, especially those turns and changes which made some days of their lives more remarkable . Our memories need this help.....that we may 'remember the way which the Lord our God has led us in the wilderness.'"
Matthew Henry


Sharing with Modest MondaysHomemaker By ChoiceHandful of Heart Monday Proverbs 31 Thursdays,  Women Living Well, Raising Homemakers, Titus 2sdays,Wise Woman link up,  Growing Home  Far Above Rubies, My Inspiration Friday , Encouraging One Another Thought Provoking Thursday,, Serenity NowBest Post of the weekWord Filled Wednesday, Painting Prose, Welcome HomeGracefulSoli Deo Gloria Just Write, Our Simple Country Life,  and Thankful Homemaker.


Share |

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1