Saturday, July 28, 2012

Strawberry shortcake

Source: google.com via Stefanie on Pinterest

We had this amazing strawberry shortcake for dessert last night. I can't take credit for it, I got the recipe from my sister in law, and I think originally it's Martha Stewart's recipe, but anyway, wherever it came from, it's the best strawberry shortcake I ever had so I wanted to share the recipe :-) By the way, the whipped cream recipe is amazing, make extra so you'll have some to add to your morning cup of coffee - one of my favorite treats :-)



Strawberry Shortcake


Shortcakes:

2 c.  flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 c. butter - cold
2 tsp sugar
3/4 c milk

Preheat oven to 450*.
Grease a cookie sheet.
In a stand mixer combine all ingredients until they resemble coarse meal.
Scoop the dough into 6 mounds and sprinkle with sugar.
Bake for 15 minutes and then drop the temperature to 425* for 5 more minutes.
Cool on a wire rack.


 Strawberries:

1 qt. sliced strawberries
1/3 c. sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Mix all and chill 1 hour.


Whipped Cream:

1 c whipping cream
1/4 c. powdered sugar
1/2 c. white sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 c. sour cream

Beat cream with both sugars until soft peaks form.
Add sour cream & vanilla and beat until stiff peaks form.


Share |

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1