Thursday, August 30, 2012

Fresh tomato soup recipe....

I was thankful to be feeling better yesterday so took advantage of it and had a busy day  in the garden and kitchen. We've been getting lots of red raspberries, carrots, peppers, tomatoes, and cucumbers to eat and put up, and I was craving some homemade granola :-) In the pot on the bottom left is homemade tomato soup - a wonderful recipe I got from my sister in law. I don't like tomato soup from a can, but this is delicious! We're having it with toasted cheese sandwiches tonight for dinner.

Fresh Tomato Soup

8 c. chopped fresh tomatoes
2 sliced onions
8 cloves garlic
4 c. chicken stock
1/4 c. butter
1/4 c. flour
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
1 c. cream

In a stock pot over medium heat combine tomatoes, onions, garlic, & broth. Boil for about 20 minutes.
Use an immersion blender (I used a regular blender) to puree until smooth.
In a saucepan melt butter and stir in flour to make a roux - gradually whisk in tomato mixure, salt, sugar, and cream.



Share |

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1