Saturday, November 17, 2012

Birthday thoughts....

Source: images.google.com via Stefanie on Pinterest
Today is my birthday, well sort of.......it actually falls on the Lord's day this year so we're celebrating today. It's  also the first day of gun hunting season in Wisconsin so my husband is out hunting for the day. I'm sitting her typing and listening to gun shots...As you can see below, I've found a couple books to keep me busy while he's gone, once I finish my housework. Yes, I've been reading a lot on pregnancy and child birth lately! What are your favorite books on the topic? Later on today I get a dinner date with my husband for my birthday :-)

Speaking of birthdays....I don't know about you, but for me it always seems to be a time to look back and remember all that God has done for me, or maybe simply looking over the changes since my last birthday. I have plenty - this is my first as a wife and mom - plenty of changes, and plenty to be thankful for. God has been very good! This quote from my devotional this morning seemed very appropriate for today -


"When we give thanks for some one particular mercy we should take occasion thence to remember former mercies and so to show forth all his marvellous works."
Matthew Henry on Psalm 9















Source: amazon.com via Angela on Pinterest






Source: amazon.com via Maria on Pinterest







Share |

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1